Required Textbooks/Course Materials
Course Materials below are supplied with Level 1 and will be used for all subsequent Braille Levels.
The Unified English Braille Instruction Manual, 2017 (online resource)
The Brailled Drills Supplement, 2017
Note: The above course materials are included with registration fees for Level 1, and will be used for ALL subsequent Braille Levels. They will only be supplied with Level 1. If a copy of these course materials is requested, after Level 1, an additional fee will be applied. Please access the Special Request tab to order your materials online..
Student will be responsible for providing the following required supplementary items at their own cost. These items will also be used for ALL subsequent Braille Levels.
- Classic Perkins Brailler
- available from local school boards, special education division
- available for purchase from the American Printing House for the Blind or E-Bay
- occasionally available for loan at CNIB
- Braille Paper (26.5cm x 30.5cm, or as close as possible)
- available from local CNIB offices
- available from the local school board
Registration Closes: September 10, 2020
Registration Fee: Non Credit $325 (Registration fee includes a non-refundable processing fee. This fee is applied to refunds issued for course withdrawals, including those for non-eligibility where a transfer to another level cannot be accommodated).
Registration acceptance is dependent upon payment and receipt of fees and fulfillment of eligibility requirements.
Payment: Payment for registration is by credit card online only.
Withdrawals and Refunds:
- If the drop request is received up to the start day of a course and all supplementary materials are returned to ASPIRE, a full refund will be given minus the $75 non-refundable fee. If materials are not returned a full refund minus $105 will be given.
- If the drop request is received after the course start date and before the 6th day of the scheduled online course, a refund of 70% will be given minus the $75 non-refundable fee.
- No refunds are given after the 6th day of scheduled online course.