This course will focus on the leadership role including the interpersonal skills necessary to assume a consultative or supervisory role in curriculum development and evaluation techniques.
- The Teaching Experience Form, completed and signed by the appropriate supervisory officer, must be mailed or faxed to 519.850.2526 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the supervisory office.
- The above documentation must be received by the ASPIRE office prior to the start date of the AQ course. Failure to submit required documentation may result in your removal from the course.
- General Certificate of Qualification and Registration (CQR) indicating successful completion of Co-operative Education Part 2.
(CQR copy is not required as our office will verify Part 2 completion via the online OCT Public Register.)
- Evidence of at least two years (388 days) of successful teaching experience, of which at least one year (194 days) is in the subject area, as certified by an appropriate supervisory officer. The supervisory officer is the superintendent of the school board (not the principal) or in the case of private schools, the Ministry of Education official assigned to provide supervisory services. Teaching experience must be completed AFTER initial teacher certification and PRIOR to the first day of the course.
- If you hold a Transitional Certificate of Qualification and Registration, you cannot enroll in an Additional Qualifications course.
- Teachers trained outside of Ontario, and wishing to teach in Ontario, must be a fully registered member of the Ontario College of Teachers PRIOR to registration in an AQ. ?
- Exceptions to the above are made for trained teachers from other jurisdictions who do not plan to teach in Ontario. Contact email@example.com for more information.