An examination of current theories of arts education, conditions necessary for an effective visual arts program, teaching techniques, and curricula.
|Course normally offered in Summer and Winter sessions.|
- General Certificate of Qualification and Registration (CQR) in Good Standing.
- A qualification in one of the following: Primary division; Junior division; Intermediate division in a general education subject from Schedule A; or Senior division in a general education subject from Schedule A.
(Our office will verify your OCT status and CQR via the online OCT Public Register. You do not need to send a copy.)
*Teachers holding Qualifications in Technological Education may enroll in the three-part AQ courses in Visual Arts.
- If you hold a Transitional Certificate of Qualification and Registration, you cannot enroll in an Additional Qualifications course.
- Teachers trained outside of Ontario, and wishing to teach in Ontario, must be a fully registered member of the Ontario College of Teachers PRIOR to registration in an AQ.
- Exceptions to the above are made for trained teachers from other jurisdictions who do not plan to teach in Ontario. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.