Emphasis on program development seminars and intensive studio workshops. Development of organizational and consulting skills, as they relate to Visual Arts programs. Each student will be responsible for a major individual project.
|Course normally offered in Summer and Winter sessions.|
- The Teaching Experience Form, completed and signed by the appropriate supervisory officer, must be mailed or faxed to 519.850.2526 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the supervisory office.
- The above documentation must be received by the ASPIRE office prior to the start date of the AQ course. Failure to submit required documentation may result in your removal from the course.
- General Certificate of Qualification and Registration (CQR) indicating successful completion of Visual Arts Part 2.
(CQR copy is not required as our office will verify Part 2 completion via the online OCT Public Register.)
- Evidence of at least two years (388 days) of successful teaching experience, of which at least one year (194 days) is in the subject area, as certified by an appropriate supervisory officer. The supervisory officer is the superintendent of the school board (not the principal) or in the case of private schools, the Ministry of Education official assigned to provide supervisory services. Teaching experience must be completed AFTER initial teacher certification and PRIOR to the first day of the course.
NOTE: Where a teacher is teaching the subject in an integrated format, supervisory officers may consider experience where a teacher can demonstrate that he or she has planned and implemented instruction, and evaluated students using approved curriculum policy documents related to the subject (OCT Memorandum: August 30, 2012).
- If you hold a Transitional Certificate of Qualification and Registration, you cannot enroll in an Additional Qualifications course.
- Teachers trained outside of Ontario, and wishing to teach in Ontario, must be a fully registered member of the Ontario College of Teachers PRIOR to registration in an AQ.
- Exceptions to the above are made for trained teachers from other jurisdictions who do not plan to teach in Ontario. Contact email@example.com for more information.