Struggling to write that research paper?
Looking for strategies to use your writing time more effectively?
This course reworks our popular Writing Masterclass for the virtual space. Set aside four consecutive Tuesdays to work on your research writing this winter.
Participants should have some experience trying to get their work published and should bring a manuscript-in-progress to work on.
$3000 (includes HST)
For payment by Western University speed code, or by invoice to your organization, please contact email@example.com
Course highlights include:
- expert writing instruction to improve persuasiveness and clarity
- asynchronous, flipped classroom approaches for grammar pearls
- dedicated writing time to apply learnings
- facilitated small group discussions to learn from others' efforts
- just-in-time feedback during writing sessions
- longitudinal coaching from a dedicated coach with written feedback
25% of this program is dedicated to participant interaction
What You Will Learn
After this course, participants will be able to:
- employ new approaches to use their writing time more effectively
- apply new strategies for increasing persuasiveness and clarity in their writing
- give more effective writing feedback
Past Participants' Writing Masterclass Experiences:
- Each session was worthwhile and engaging! I have a better sense of how to approach a writing project, my own or someone else's.
- The individual writing time gave us the opportunity to immediately apply the principles to our own work. The coaching was amazing, letting us check in quickly for redirection.
- The master class gave me language and a practical approach for 'cleaning up' my writing.
- Overall, fantastic! I’m leaving with a toolbox full of tips, tricks and tactics to immediately apply to my own writing. Thank you!
- I rediscovered the joy of writing.